Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lost in Thought


8 x 10
Acrylic

Another figurative painting done about two months ago. My acrylic paintings are very different from my oils. This one was done before "The Art of Conversation," my first posting, and is much tighter. I find it's much harder for me to be loose in this medium than with oils. Oils have such a creamy consistency and, because of the drying time, are easier to "push" around. Golden has come out with the "Open" acrylic series which has a longer drying time. I've ordered some and am really looking forward to trying them out.

This painting, along with another that I'll post tomorrow, will be in a group exhibit at the Comerica Building, downtown Austin. My cohorts in the exhibit are part of a group that went to France last summer to do a workshop with Ian Roberts. His assistant dubbed us the "Wildcats" and the name stuck. As soon as we returned home, we formed a group to paint and exhibit together. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment