Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two Views of the Hillcountry

Yikes, it's mid-April and I haven't posted the finished painting of "Twight on N. Lamar." I think I have this problem of photographing work just about solved and, once it is, I won't have this excuse for not posting anymore. Of course, I have others to use but soon, not this one :-D.

Instead, I'll post two paintings I did two weeks ago at my friend and fellow painter, Suzanne Stewart's ranch out near Hamilton Pool (outside of Austin). Her beautiful home sits on a big hill and so one gets a bird's eye view of the surrounding country side--just beautiful. Here are the two small studies I did that morning:

View from Suzanne's House 6 x 8 Oil











Alamo Village at the Reimer's Ranch 6 x 8 Oil

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Ann. Hope you are able to find some more time to paint! One day I am going to be a plein air painter. Totally befuddled by it at the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both just gorgeous! I selfishly want to see more. And for the curious it would be nice to see a price on it... just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! You really captured the feeling. We are going to have to paint out here again soon. The Palo Verdes are blooming

    ReplyDelete